It was instituted along with the institution in the year 1997. The library aims at enhancing readership and encourages the research, projects and academic activities in the college by rendering information service to all kind of users.
The library is a well stacked library with nearly 7000 books. It includes more than 5000 titles and a supply of 13 journals/magazines.
The library of Angappa College is a user friendly library. It motivates the students and enhances the reading habit of the students. It serves the information needs of the students and faculty. It provides a quality service to its users and supports them in their academic activities.
To reach the users with the right information when needed.
- All the students and faculty members of department are registered as the member of library.
- Library cards are issued to all the users of the library
- UG students can borrow 2 books, PG students can borrow 3 books and staff members can borrow 4 books.
- The due date is sealed in the slip for the return.
- If failed to return the book within the due date a fine of one rupee is collected per day.
- No books will be issued on the finecard till they pay penalty
- If there is damage in the book while returning fine will be collected accordingly.
- For the loss of book, the book has to be replaced and it should be reported to the librarian.
- If the library card is lost, it should be reported to the librarian immediately with a letter regarding the loss.
- While entering the library, personal books and things to be placed outside the library.
- College ID card and library card is must whenever they enter the library.
- Journals/magazines are not issued to the users but they can be referred inside the library.
- Silence must be strictly maintained inside the library.
- The reference books are to be used inside the library only.
Section Working Time
- Library services starts from 9.45 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on the week days.
General Working Time
- Library is kept open on the week days from 9.45 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- However the Library is kept closed on public holidays & Sundays.
Online database can be accessed
- NDL (National Digital Library)
- DELNET (Developing Library Network)
Back Volumes – Binding of Journals and magazines for future reference
Question Paper (hard Copy) – Collection of University question papers for every semester department wise.
Reference Book - for Competitive Exams
General Books – Motivation books in Tamil and English
Reprographic facilities are provided for the students. The photocopy of the reference books and question papers are taken at a charge of one rupees per paper.
Book bank is maintained
The following newspapers are purchased for the news update and economic updates.
- The Hindu
- The New Indian Express
- Business Line
- The Times of India
BSc., BLIS., MLIS., MPhil, PGDLAN
Angappa College of Arts And Science
Seerapalayam, Pollachi Main Road, Coimbatore-641105
Phone No : +91-94425 11231
Web Site :www.angappacollege.ac.in